Founder of civil engineering
John Smeaton is a British civil engineer also the founder of civil engineering. He developed Eddy-stone Lighthouse after the recommendation of the President of the Royal Society.
Benjamin Wright, Henry Bessemer, and Arthur Casagrande are also the most popular and innovative civil engineers.
Civil engineering is a field of engineering that deals with designing, constructing, and maintaining physical objects like dams, bridges, roads, buildings, and many more.
Importance of civil engineering
The designing, building, and maintenance of our modern society foundation is civil engineering. With its creative, innovative, and advanced construction project beauty of our society is increasing day by day.
It also plays a vital role in drinking water and energy system improvement. For making the environment clean and fresh civil engineering projects are working like biogas control, green belt project, and pollution study.
Best institutes for civil engineering
- UET Lahore, Peshawar, and Taxila
- FAST University
Subject cover in the civil engineering field
- Physic, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Structural analysis
- Programming fundamentals and data science
- Construction technology
- Building planning
- Resource management
Characteristic of civil engineer
A civil engineer must have the following skills
- A civil engineer has good knowledge of mathematics and physic that is necessary for identifying and solving problems
- Critical thinking
- Ability to complete the project within budget and given time
- Visionary skills
- Communication and leadership skills