Introduction to Cyber-security
Do you ever wonder!!. How securely your data-id being transmitted or sent to the other person safely without any leakage of information?
The answer lies in cyber-security. Due to fast-growing internet infrastructure and emerging technologies cyber-crimes are enhancing.
Need of cybersecurity
Above 60 percent of total commercial transactions are done online nowadays. So high quality of security for transparent and best transactions is needed. Hence cyber-security has become the latest issue.
Cyber-security is not just limited to securing the information in the IT industry, it also securing information of various other fields like cyberspace, etc. The latest technologies like cloud computing, mobile computing, E-commerce, net banking and so many also need a high level of security.
There are the following benefits of cyber-security
- Protect networks and data from unauthorized access.
- Improved information security and business continuity management.
- If the informational data of a company are secure confidence of stakeholders increases.
- With the proper security controls in place credential of a company increases.
- In the event of a breach, recovery time becomes faster.
- To fight against cyber-crime, we must have an advanced and safer approach.
- Good technical measurement.
- Law enforcement agencies.
- Know-how of nations and governments imposing laws.
- Individual training is also necessary.
Cybercrime means any illegal activity that uses a computer for commission and theft.
Definition of cyber-crime is expanded by, The U.S. Department of Justice, any illegal activity that uses a computer for evidence storage is called cyber-crime.
Technology has an impact on a person’s life. Cyber-crimes also will increase along with technological advances.
List of Cyber Crime
The increasing list of cyber-crimes includes
- Bullying and Terrorism.
- Network intrusions.
- Attack on the computer through viruses.
- Computer-based variations of existing crimes.
- Identity theft and Stalking.
Security measures will always be on top due to the privacy and security of data. Information is maintained digitally. A person must take all the required security measures.
Trends Changing Cyber-Security
Some trends are changing Cyber-Security
Through legitimate web servers, cyber criminals distribute their malicious code by compromising that server. For protecting web servers and web applications, we need more prominence. Hence one must always use a safer browser. Most importantly, during important transactions use of a safer browser is a must. It is due to not falling prey to these crimes.
Cloud computing and its services
The world is gradually moving towards the clouds. This trend can become a big challenge for cyber-security. Cloud services are developing their models, but still, many issues are arising about their security.
APT’s and targeted attack
APT stands for (Advanced Persistent Threat). It is a whole new level of cyber-crime ware. For threat detection, network security must integrate with other services. Because attackers are very clever and they have technical and challenging skills with advanced technologies.
Firewall and security measurements are becoming permeable due to people using devices like tablets, phones, PCs, etc. That’s why we need more advanced security techniques. To avoid any security mishap, we must know the security issues of mobile networks.
IPv6: New internet protocol
IPv6 protection is not just porting IPv4 capabilities. While IPv6 makes more IP addresses available. In order to reduce the risks regarding cyber-crime, it is always better to switch to IPv6 as soon as possible.
Encryption of the code
Encryption is the process of encoding messages (information)so that hackers cannot read them. Encryption protects data privacy and its integrity. In cyber-security, challenges increase by using more encryption. one can know if there is any leakage of information by encrypting the code.
Role of Social Media in Cyber Security
- Cyber security plays a vital role in social media data protection
- Social media plays a huge role in cyber security. It will contribute a lot to personal cyber threats.
- Since social media or social networking sites are mostly used, it has become a big platform for cybercriminals. These criminals hack private information and steal valuable data.
- People are easily attracted by social media. The hackers use them as a source to get the information and the data they need.
- There must be the right use of certain policies and technologies to handle social media.
Cyber Security Technique
- Access control and password security technique
- Authentication of data
- Malware scanners and Firewalls protection
- Anti-virus software for detecting viruses.
Cyber security ethics are the code of the internet. While practicing these cyber ethics, we must use computers in a proper and safe way. The below are some of them:
- People use the internet for communicating and interacting with each other. Email and instant messaging are easy ways to stay in touch.
- Don’t be a bully on the internet. Calling people names lies about them, send embarrassing pictures of them, or anything else that hurt them is immoral.
- Internet is considered to be the world’s biggest library having information about any topic in any subject area. You should always use this information in a correct and legal way.
- To operate other accounts using their passwords without permission is illegal.
- Never try to send any malware to other’s systems.
- Never share your personal information with anyone.
- Never pretend to the other person that you are online.
Always follow copyrighted information and download games or videos only if they are permissible.